thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

About Positive Thinking

What is Positive Thinking ?

I was skype-ing my friend yesterday and had a non-heated debate about this. She says she is trying to THINK POSITIVE of late and discovering the benefits of it.

Me. I.

Am not overlooking this word. Neither Am I saying it is something bad. In fact, it is good to think positive. However, I choose to believe only people at an "OK" encompassing situation tend to say "THINK POSITIVE".

I asked. Put yourself in the shoes as if you become a roadsweeper one day, would you then still tell yourself to "THINK POSITIVE" ? Would you turn negative and unhappy?

"THINK POSITIVE" to me, should be independent of CHOICE, and SITUATION. If you tell me "the roadsweeper" is a bad scenario to illustrate positive thinking, then I think it is not even the tapping of positive thinking here, since we can choose NOT TO BE A ROADSWEEPER and NOT TO BE UNHAPPY.

THINKING POSITIVE is such a overused Corporation or rather Human Resource mantra. Of course, you can tell me to THINK POSITIVE. All the benefits...blah blah blah...

THINKING POSITIVE, to me, is fool-proof only when you can do so in whatever situations you are, either you choose them or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home