thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Make ethanol at home washing machine style

Instructions:

1. Open the "washing" machine
2. Dump in sugar, yeast and water
3. Close the machine door
4. Click the "Make" Button
5. After full cycle, go collect 100% ethanol

Yes. That is basically the gist in Wired's Feature on Micro-Fueler. A stacked washing machine+dryer- sized machine you can place at home and easily make ethanol. Then, pump and go. The car, I mean. My hb was telling me one could make alcohol with this. OK. I don't deny that. It says Micro-Fueler but did not specify if it's for the vehicle or the beer-belly.

I'm not advocating you to dump food for fuel but it is just interesting to see how easy the concept is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home