thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Taiwan High Speed Rail

Have I talked about the Taiwan High Speed Rail before ? I forgot. But anyhow, the high speed rail is one of the things I am most impressed with here. Nothing much impresses me here, really. Maybe I need a long time to explore, discover and appreciate.


The Taichung station


Arriving train


There are cars for reserved (assigned) sitting and the last few cars (I think from car 9-12) are free sitting. Free sitting tickets are usually 20% cheaper.



An information map and guide of the train


Quite comfortable if you ride long distance, since it is not as bumpy as a 2-hr taxi ride from Taichung to Taipei.

So if you are working on a laptop, the high speed rail is definitely a much better option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home