thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Nothing technological about JEANS - what shoes goes with skinny jeans

It is about sense. I've always been a "jeans" person. Counting from university days, I think I have 20 or more jeans. 10 years past uni, I believe I have about 8-10 pairs of jeans to-date of which there are 2-3 pairs I really like. I am not a person who goes along with fashion even when jeans are concerned. I have always preferred straight-cut jeans to tapered jeans. However, ever since I got a few pairs of leggings (cropped and long), I thought of trying skinny jeans. Well, the fabric is different but to me, the "cut" is similar. I have no Kate Moss type figure that goes perfect with skinny jeans but I've been trying to think - what shoes goes with skinny jeans.

(1) Ballerina flats
(2) Non-chunky wedges that are almost like flats
(3) Heeled shoes - pump or sandal-like, provided they are not chunky
(4) Knee high boots that goes over your jeans
(5) Pointed toed shoes to make you look even taller. Rounder toed shoes if it could be pulled off

Because the skinny jeans are supposed to make you "look slim"knee down to ankle, you should not pair off with any chunky shoes or it will tend to make the bottom look bulky ALL OF A SUDDEN, and especially spoil the visual effect of slimness knee-down.

Color of shoes - I prefer neutral colors such as black, brown, beige and on the shimmer-side ~ either golden or silver. Take note if you wear a brightly-colored shoe, it will draw all attention to your shoes and create the effect that "you are short" (skinny jeans or not). Unless you have the height to pull that off, stick to plain boring colors like myself.

Since long leggings have a softer lighter feel (due to thinner fabric) compared to jeans, you could pull it off with (1)-(5) as long as it does not add too much bulk to ankle and below. Remember: proportion, proportion and proportion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home