thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

California High Speed Rail - still need for debate ?

Personally, I think it's a superb idea with the rising prices in fuel - making air travel and driving more costly than before. If Taiwan can have a high speed rail, I don't see why California can't get it's own. If the bill does not go through, it just has to be a conspiracy among the US govt and the petroleum giants. Yes. It must be.

We have to know this. If high speed rail becomes such a convenience and relatively inexpensive way to travel, who wants to travel by air ? Air travel means delay, especially in the US and now, they even want to charge checked luggage? And remember the authority that disallow fluids with carry-on luggage ? If I can't bring it with me and have to check them in, then I have to pay????

I digress.

Now travel from San Jose to Los Angeles in less than 3 hrs!! WOW! I remember our 5 hr + road trip from Sunnyvale to LA and being caught in the LA city traffic was no fun.

Go for it, California High Speed Rail, it's time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home