thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Laptop cooling pad - as portable as a bamboo sushi roller

I wanted to get a notebook cooling pad for a long time. I procrastinated for a while because I kept thinking of my "inactivity" on my notebook.

I may be wrong now since I use my notebook more often than the desktop PC , even when I'm at home. It is approximately 12hrs of daily usage of my notebook. Maybe it makes sense to get a cooling pad now. The Gigabyte Rolling Pad (picture, left) really caught my attention. It was featured in a Taiwanese show last night. With this rolling pad, it becomes more mobile for me to carry the pad in my laptop bag. You can roll up the cooling pad, just like a bamboo sushi-roller and stuff it in my carrying case. It is the design that fascinates me. No wonder this won the iF Product Design Award 2008.
Well, you can compare the flexibility factor with the Belkin Cooling Pad that appears so much bulkier.

How effective is heat transfer of a standard cooling pad and rolling cooling pad for the laptop/notebook, I am not sure. First, let me check the price of the rolling pad and if I could get my hands on it in Taiwan.


P.S My hub read this and asked me to use two chopsticks to create a cooling "gap" between the laptop base and the working table. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home