thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Homesick for Singapore - the FOOD!

When I read here about New Yorker's article about Singapore foodies, I was keen to check that out, and I found a short abstract here. Yes indeed, it wrote "Culinarily, ....the most homesick people...". Hahaha...talking about me? :) I'm not shy to admit that. I like Singapore for the convenience of getting food (good food). I also enjoy a variety of food/cuisines due to the existence of multi-racial culture - Chinese food, Malay food, Indian food are common in hawker centers, coffee shops and restaurants. Of course, we also get Peranankan, Thai, Vietnamese cuisine quite easily.


Oh, the writer was taken to the Old Airport Road Temporary Food Centre ? By this time, the new upgraded food centre has already opened and I'm so longing to pig out there. I used to frequent the Old Airport Road Food Centre and when it closed down temporarily and opened up another small nearby area as a temporary location, that was also the time I came to the United States. :( Old Airport has a good laksa stall, yummy chicken rice, two wonton noodle stalls(that competed side-by-side), famous LaoFuzi (Old MAster Q) char kway teow, Nanxing fried hokkien noodles....woooo...so much good food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home