thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Convergence or simplification

I'm slow - slow in catching up with the cellphone trends. While others stay ahead with a high-resolution camera phone, downloading MP3 for the phone, etc., I'm still satisfied with the simple function of using the cellphone for dialling. I don't even text message often. While commercial cellphones have converged with multi-functions all-in-one such as integration of PDA, MP3, cellphone functions all in one phone, I ask sometimes - now, is a phone a PDA or a PDA a phone?

When I watch the Jitterbug commercial on TV, I began to think of technology going back to the basics. I'm not sure if this is trending or reverse-trending. Of course, the intended market for Jitterbug seems to be for seniors who we perceived may be confused with all the multi-functions on the cellphones nowadays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home