thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My first digital book

Southwest Airlines has been a heavily-studied case and business model in many business management or MBA courses, and likewise in project management. I've heard about Southwest Airlines many times since last year from the Stanford's instructors in the APM course. Now I get reminded from the recent article in Costco. To not let this interest die off AGAIN...alas...after a year...I decided to buck up, and pick up the book - The Southwest Airlines Way, for a read. I did it via the digital way though, using my account with Califa.

I don't buy books ever since my college years textbooks. I seldom borrow from the library too, since I hate the idea of returning the books on-site, physically. Of course, nothing beats a book on hand, flipping the pages. To cut down the risk of spending money on a book that I'm afraid will be chucked to one corner again, I think digital book is one good alternative for me. It's just an alternative, and never will be a substitute for holding that real paperback or hard-cover book in my hands.

I just have 14 days to complete, after checking out The Southwest Airlines Way from Califa. I do hope to spend more time reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home