thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Driveway file sharing - the coolest way to backup and share

Looking for an online backup for your files, photos and documents? I do have a huge massive folder of photos saved in my computer right now and I am finding ways to back them up - a secondary backup, just in case my computer decides to be on-strike one day and I will be totally "handicapped" when I lose all my bookmarks, essential files and my precious photos intended for publish in my blog.

Driveway looks almost like a perfect solution for me - an online backup for my files. Any file or folder not more than 500MB per file can be uploaded, with unlimited total storage. That means, multiple files can be uploaded.

Driveway also provides user-friendly file sharing. To the files to be shared, just enter the e-mail addresses of the recipient or recipients and recipient(s) will receive an e-mail containing a file read to the shared files. They can edit as well. This is useful if you have co-workers working on the same project as you, or owning a small ecommerce business together when communication via workfiles or exchange of work information is important. Driveway is a good tool to send large files easily and overcome the file attachment limitations imposed by some email systems.

In addition, the Driveway web widgets are really modern features and definitely appeal to me. A widget can be easily created for clear navigation among folders. What a simple way to view and share multiple files of any type - audio, video, pictures. And what is so updated - these widgets can be embedded in any website or blog! I am signing up now! Are you ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home