thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

AAA membership

I think I am an idiot when it comes to driving and anything about cars, and vehicles. I used to join AA Singapore as member so that someone can help me when my car break down in the middle on the road, or when the car gets a flat-tire or battery. I do not how to change a flat-tire. Bleh! :( Very naturally, when I came to US, I joined AAA. I had better reasons to since I was not very familiar with the rule and regulations over here.

Personally, I feel AAA offers much more than AA back in Singapore. I've used the trip planner in AAA so often - almost every time I go for a vacation in the US. First, as AAA members, we get FREE travel maps and travel tour guides/books. California, Las Vegas, British Columbia, Wyoming and Yellowstone etc....we have all the FREE maps sent to us at no cost. Another tool I started to use recently is the TripTrik planner. This tool is able to plan our driving route (eg. A to B) and along the route, we are able to map out the gas stations (with gas prices), attractions along the way, accommodations and even restaurants. Wow! We found the gas stations information most useful. We mark the gas stations out on our hard copy maps and in the process, plan our rest-and-gas stops from Point A to Point B. This really makes a better-planned road trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home