thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tigerfish fave finds - June 2007

(1) Prada Store
That's what I call product design in the user experience. Human-centered design is about bringing behavior and personality into the product. No longer it is about design specifications. Have you ever walked into a Prada store and have several fittings in one of their high-tech dressing rooms ? WOW! I don't think I will ever get a chance to step into a Prada store in my lifetime but I was truly amazed by how technologies such as RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) and LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) can revolutionize and "culturized" a retail business. AWESOME. Watch the video.

Haha! And there is Dilbert. I will never forget Dilbert. Whatever industry or job I will undertake in future, I hope to be in Cubeville. WOW!



(2) Quote: "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." -Mark Twain

(3) Food: Tracing the footsteps of your food - look at how brands attach ‘life story labels' to their products, on whatever does the least harm - how fresh is your egg and where does your egg come from. Limited to UK eggs, meantime. Don't forget the eglu too! You can now "cut off" all the middlemEn in the supply-chain.



I'm also found here. Do drop by for a visit. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home