thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

"Take as much as you want" vacation policy

"The worst thing is for a manager to come in and tell me: `Let's give Susie a huge raise because she's always in the office.' What do I care? I want managers to come to me and say: `Let's give a really big raise to Sally because she's getting a lot done' - not because she's chained to her desk."
(Excerpt from MecuryNews)

Read more here.

Are you working in a company that thinks that a person who is always at his/her desk is doing the most work?

4 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Fleck said…

    If I kena that type of boss, I have to seriously consider making a career move. Lucky, have not kena yet.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Luckily, I have a good manager. :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    fleck, sad to say...but I think most bosses are liddat. How many jobs can you change ?

    Jayce, you are so lucky !

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger DK said…

    Well, because most company can't define the amount of work someone does, so the easiest way is to define it by the number of hours you spend in office.

    And that is why working from home policy cannot kick off in many companies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home