thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Mist - horrifying but real

I was with my family at a resort. My family was having a drink session in the hang-out hut while I was strolling along the coastline at the beach. Suddenly, I hear the sound and splashes of water from afar. I looked beyond the horizon and saw a huge tidal wave approaching, fast. My heart sank at the instant. Tsunami! The next second, I was swept up high by the powerful wave and the only time I know for sure I'm going to lose my family...forever. I struggled so hard...so hard that I woke up! Yes, it was a nightmare, but one nightmare that will definitely leave me the deepest impression such that I recalled even to the vivid image of me being swept up by the tidal wave up so high. That nightmare left me moments of fear. Fear that I might lose my family anytime without even the chance to bid goodbye. Fear of death. Fear of disbelief that life is so short and sudden.

Goosebumps and goosepimples. That was my first reaction after watching the trailers of The Mist. Then it reminded me of the nightmare I had. Though I have not been trapped in a real-life threatening situation (I won't want to) to experience the dark side of human nature, I'm never a optimistic person to believe only the good side of human nature. In reality, humans have a selfish dark side in them which tends to show itself in moments of adversity. Rather than reinforcing the group strength and belief, people tend to disintegrate into fear and panic when they come face to face with life-threatening situations.

Suspense. Mystery. Terror. Thriller. It's everything, and this is what The Mist by Stephen King is about. This movie adds in an element of "disaster", neither man-made nor natural, and centers around the seek for survival whereby fear and panic are injected into man to create disbelief and reveal their true nature. The Mist itself is a mystery and is horrifying. The trailers have surely scared me off my butt but I still want to watch the movie when it comes to the theaters, and it will be soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home