thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Knowing the importance of insurance

I began to realize the importance of insurance while I was traveling and a train delay totally disrupted my travel schedule. I had to stay an additional night in Paris and being a tourist, a newbie to Paris, and have not allowed flexibility in my travel dates, I had trouble catching the next train back to London, and importantly "where am I going to stay". I dialed for help - a travel insurance agent number. Thank goodness I bought a travel insurance then. Professionally, the travel insurance agent reserved a decent hotel stay for the additional night I needed and I could make claims on these additional expenses that I incurred due to the delay. Yes, if travel insurance is important, then I would say insurance is definitely more important for bigger items in life such as car insurance and home insurance. I find websites that allows you to compare car insurance or compare home insurance based on different insurance criteria or adds-on, very useful for the consumers. Usually this comparison sites allow you to estimate the kind of premiums you need to fork out based on your specific requirements. It makes decisions easier at a later stage when you decided which insurance policy to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home