thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Friday, October 19, 2007

How do you choose or use your credit cards ?

My basic criteria when choosing credit cards - it has to have the lowest (compared to other competitors) or even no annual fee; has a good reward points system for established merchants (so that I can get cash-back and discounts); and issued by an established bank (that has secured, anti-theft features system set up for the card). Well, if you ask me if you should own just one credit cards or many, I would say, it depends. If your credit card are one of those rewards credit cards that are frequent-flyer cards at the same time and allows mileage accrual on the same card while you spent; or credit cards tied to specific merchants that earns you points - equivalent or even up to triple - when you buy from the specific merchants and finally using those points to redeem the same merchants' products, more cards are indeed better than one. Of course, all these depends on your needs, for example if you are a heavy shopper rather than a frequent-flyer, or vice-versa. Till now, I do not have balance transfers issues when it comes to credit cards. But I know that if I need to, I must find the best that allows 0% balance transfers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home