thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Of Papaya and 881 - will this make it to the 80th Academy Awards?

The movie '881' will be submitted for the 80th Academy Awards. What's that? A rescue 911 spoof or what? If some of you do not know this movie, I forgive you because other than knowing the name of the movie, I don't know much about this movie myself. All I know is...it is Singapore-made film and HA....will be submitted to the 80th Academy. It will be submitted for the category of Best Foreign Language Film. Submit only, not nominated yet.

The movie was chosen as it represents the rich, colourful street culture and
unique heritage of Singapore.

Just a bit more..."881" is pronounced Ba Ba Yao (in Mandarin) and sounds alike to Papaya.So the show is about the Papaya sisters and life as getai (stage) singers. I'm not sure if the show will be nominated but I will be interested to watch a "live" performance of the Papaya sisters on the Academy's stage if the movie do win. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home