thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Digital ebook

I saw the Sony ebook in two locations - one in FRYS electronics store and one in Borders book store. At these two locations, I have never seen anyone head over heels on that Sony ebook. In my opinion, I don't think the ebook has made any impact on consumers yet.

First, form factor. Second, design. Third, function. Even when the Sony Reader recently upgraded to a newer version that includes a faster E-Ink refresh rate, brighter white state and 8-tone greyscale rather than the 4-tone of the earlier model, I still don't think it will hit the masses.

Like what I said earlier, digital ebooks is just an alternative and never will be a substitute for paper. And to be an alternative, the price of digital ebook needs to drop further. I mean, are you ready to fork out more than $200 to buy something that you might not use all the time? I won't. But again, that maybe because I'm not that much of a techie afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home