thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Search effectively

The most common replies you get nowadays when someone does not know about something is..."it's ok...let me google about it"....or "I googled and found this". I admit I'm one of those people who google for this and google for that. However, being in CI team before, I have to tell myself I cannot just rely and trust one source. A comparison conducted by Dogpile suggested that just over 1% of the top search results from leading search engines (Google, Yahoo!, Ask and Live.com) were the same. This means that you may get different search results from different search engines.

There are other search engines that may be worth your checking out. One of them is Exalead - I like the side bar on the right side of the search page. It is able to narrow your search by site type (eg. blogs, or forums) or file types (eg .pdf or .doc). Very cool. I'll be checking out on more of such sites and will update you as soon as I find something good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home