thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Freeways - interstate, federal, state, county

What did you do over the labor day weekend?

We went for a road trip - this time to visit Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. Starting off from Salt Lake City, Utah- this is our first road trip that transverse fours states - Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, in 2 days. I'm still compiling the travel photos, so I can only update you on the trip later.

But do want to make a short comment about our impression(and questions) of the freeways (since we made use of them most of the times in our trip). Why is it that the state freeway in Idaho are better paved than the major freeways such as US-1o1 in California? Is there no budget to improve or "upgrade" some of the freeways in California? I mean, driving on 101 from San Francisco to the Bay Area can be like an old train experience. Bumpy bumpy bumpy! Irregular cave-ins on the road, and potholes. I-80 is another horrible freeway. And don't tell me the taxes need to be increased in order for some re-pavement to be done. Maybe I'm biased again - maybe we were just lucky to be driving on a good freeway in Idaho.

Just another of my ranting (or complaint).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home