thumb tacks, thumb tech

Musings and rantings about...EVERYTHING.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Earthquake Singapore

This is so close to home. Earthquake in Singapore! Specifically, earthquake of 8.4 magnitude that struck Indonesia and felt by Singapore. CNA, Singapore has some videos taken up viewer who felt the earthquake. OMG! I even saw the chandelier swaying so drastically.

Now, can I say Singapore is not completely earthquake-prone? Is there a need to tell my family back in Singapore to prepare a disaster kit, like we do in California?

In where I'm staying (Bay Area, CA) currently, I make sure I have back-up supply (lasting 3 days) of drinking water. We also have some heavy items (eg. TV sets) secured on the cabinets using blu-tacks (museum putty). Too bad the rental community does not allow us to drill into the walls - if not we would have secured the wall cabinets to the walls. :O We also keep a pair of shoes under the bed. Most of them are in tune to the disaster preparation kit/plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home